Popular Carnival Cruise Line Recipes
Cruises offer numerous food options. Each cruise line has specialty dishes and cocktails that create found memories for travelers. This blog shares the most popular Carnival Cruise Line recipes people write in for after their cruises.
Carnival Cruise Line Conch Fritter Recipe
- plantains – 3lbs for garnish
- cilantro leaf – 2oz for garnish
- leeks – 1/2 lbs for garnish
- water – 1/4 qt for choux paste
- gruyere cheese – 3ea for choux paste
- salt – for choux paste
- butter – 2 oz for choux paste
- cayenne pepper – for choux paste
- flour – 4 oz for choux paste
- eggs – fresh 4 ea for choux paste
- cilantro leaf – 4 oz
- red onions – 2 oz
- oregano – 0.25 oz
- peppers – green med 0.25 lbs
- whole conch – 2 lbs
- thyme – 1.5 tsp
- peppers scotch bonet fresh – 1/2 lbs
- lemons – 1 ea
- limes – 1 ea
- peppers – red med 0.25 lbs
Clean and Tenderize the Conch and marinate with hand crush Scotch Bonnet, lemon and lime rind,white part of scallion, lime juice and crush cilantro stem, for 2 hours. Dice the conch, chop the onion, red pepper, green pepper, puree scotch bonnet and fine chop all the herbs. Combine all the ingredients with choux paste, finish with cornstarch if necessary, adjust the seasoning and shape them into small rough shape balls and deep fry them in medium hot oil till golden brown and crisp. (DO NOT OVERCOOK)
Add butter to water and boil. Add flour and mix without forming lumps. Remove from heat, season with nutmeg, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Add the eggs and mix with the gruyere cheese to finish.
Place the paper in the cone basket. Place 4 ea of fried plantain on the side and place 6 of fritters on each basket and garnish. Serve with pickapeppa sauce.
Pickapeppa sauce – 10 portions:
- For Pickapeppa sauce
- tomato (medium size) – 1 ea
- yellow onion (medium size) – 1 ea
- garlic clove – 1 ea
- fresh thyme – 1 sprig
- dark raisin – 2 cup
- tomato paste – half cup
- ketchup – 0.25 cup
- worcestershire sauce – half cup
- mango pulp – 1 cup
- tamarind pulp – 0.25 cup
- rice wine vinegar – 0.50 cup
- ginger juice (from pickle ginger) – half cup
- scotch bonnet chili – 2 ea
- cloves powder – half tsp
- pellegrino water – half quart
- extra virgin olive oil – 1 tsp
- brown sugar – 0.25 cup
- honey – 0.25 cup
Heat sauce pan add oil, lightly sauté onion, garlic add tomatoes, thyme, scotch bonnet, raisin and cook for few minutes. Add in tomato paste, ketchup and rest of the ingredients. Simmer for an hour and remove from the heat and blend, place back on heat and cook further and strain.
Carnival Cruise Line Grouper Finger Recipe
- 3 lbs. Grouper Fillet
- 1 oz. Blackening Spices Vegetable Oil
- 4 oz. Cornstarch
- 6 oz. Flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 5 oz. Water
- 6.5 oz. Beer
- 3 Egg Whites
- Mix dry ingredients for the batter – cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Add in wet ingredients – water, beer and egg whites – and mix well.
- Place batter in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, fill deep fryer or frying pan with enough vegetable oil to cover fish fingers. Preheat oil.
- Cut the grouper fillet into equal strips approximately 5 oz each.
- Marinate with blackening spice.
- Take batter out of refrigerator. Dip fish fingers in batter so evenly covered on both sides and place into preheated deep fryer or frying pan.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite tartar sauce. Add a splash of hot sauce if you like a little kick.
Makes 10 servings.
Guy Fieri’s The Ringer Burger Recipe
- 5 oz ground beef (80/20 blend)
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- 1/2 ounce cheese sauce (e.g. “Kraft), in a ball
- 1 oz slice of American cheddar cheese
- 1/2 oz thin sliced sweet onion
- 1 ½ oz finely shaved iceberg lettuce
- 3 paper-thin slices kosher dill pickle
- 1 thin slice beefsteak tomato
- 2 tablespoons “Donkey” sauce (recipe below)
- 1 large crispy onion ring
- 1 tablespoon Guy Fieri Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce, available in stores
- 1 soft hamburger bun, split in half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
DONKEY SAUCE (yields 1 cup):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon regular yellow mustard
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 pinches ground black pepper.
- Form the ground beef into a tight ball. Heat a flat-top grill or cast iron pan over very high heat. Season hamburger “ball” with salt. Place hamburger ball on grill to sear for 45 seconds, then flatten with a heavy spatula to approx 1/3 inch thickness.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes to develop a crust on the first side. Flip over and cook for 1 more minute on the second side to develop a crust. Add cheese sauce to the top of the hamburger and top with the slice of cheese. Place a dome lid over the top of the burger and squirt a small amount of water under dome to steam and melt the cheese. Cook for 30 sec under the dome – cheese should be melted.
- Combine garlic and melted butter. Brush inside of bun halves with mixture and toast on the flat-top for 3-4 seconds until golden and crisp. Flip and toast for 3-4 seconds so the outsides are also lightly toasted.
- Prepare Donkey Sauce: combine ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Smear “Donkey” sauce on cut-side of both bun halves. Layer base with pickle slices and Cheeseburger patty. Top with crispy onion ring, BBQ Sauce, sliced onions, tomato, lettuce then place the top half of the bun on top.
Carnival Cruise Line Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- Plantains 3 lb for garnish
- Leeks 0.25 lb for garnish
- Cilantro leaf 4 oz 1 oz for garnish
- Peppers scotch bonet fresh 0.1 lb for dip
- Coconut milk – unsweet 14 oz for dip
- Pineapples 1 ea for dip
- Cilantro leaf 4 oz 0.1 oz for dip
- Rum – house white 151 0.03 btl for dip
- Shrimp cocnut 16-20 count 60
For Piñacolada dip
- Cut whole pineapple into half stud with star anise and cinnamon stick
- Roast in the oven without browning till soft
- Get the pulp out of the skin and puree it and pass through the chinoise
- In a saucepan over lower heat mix the pineapple pure and coconut milk
- Stir-mix little scotch bonnet puree and reduce and strain
- Finish with fine chop cilantro, rum and brunoise of pineapple
- Serve cold
- Deep fry shrimp 6 Ea Shrimps per portion
- Place Red Frog paper in the cone dish
- Place 6 ea of fried Coconut Shrimp with 4 ea of plantain chips garnish with red leeks and cilantro sprig
- Serve piña colada sauce separate
Carnival Cruise Line Caramel Praline Crème Brûlée Recipe
BRÛLÉE MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 20 egg yolks
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups half & half
- A taste of vanilla essence or vanilla extract
CARAMEL PRALINE MIX INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup praline paste
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz sugar
- In a double boiler mix the milk, cream and half the amount of sugar. Warm the mixture.
- Mix the egg yolk with the other half amount of sugar.
- Combine the milk and egg yolk mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- Add the caramel praline mix and strain it twice.
- Taste before pouring it into the brûlée dish
- Bake in a water bath at 340 F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix the sugar and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle the brûlée with the sugar mix generously and caramelize under a very hot broiler or use a cooking propane torch.
- Garnish as desired.
- Yields 20 servings.
Carnival Cruise Line Tiramisu Recipe
- 2 fl. oz Grand Marnier
- 8 oz sugar
- 20 oz mascarpone cheese
- 20 lady finger cookies
- 10 egg yolks
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3 fl. oz marsala wine
FOR COFFEE SYRUP:
- 2 fl. oz Kahlúa
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 oz instant coffee powder
- Got a double boiler? Use it to prepare a sabayon with yolks and sugar. Cream the mascarpone cheese and mix into the sabayon. Add the marsala, Grand Marnier and whipped cream — fold in the sabayon mixture and keep it in the fridge.
- To make the syrup, dissolve the instant coffee in hot water, mix the sugar with Kahlúa and let it cool in the fridge.
- Soak the lady fingers in the coffee syrup and arrange one layer of cookies on the bottom of the serving glass.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the sabayon mixture into the cup, as shown in the picture.
- Arrange an optional garnish – pictured above we’ve got chocolate ruffle, marbled chocolate flakes, cocoa, sugar rocks and marzipan coffee beans. Fancy!
Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe
- 1 pound Dark Chocolate
- 1 pound Butter
- 10 Eggs
- 10 ounces Sugar
- 6 ounces Flour
- Melt the chocolate and butter. Mix the eggs with the sugar and whisk for a few minutes; add the flour. Combine the egg mixture with the melted chocolate and mix. Then pour into individual greased molds. Bake directly in the oven at 400°F for 14 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with fresh fruit. Serve warm with ice cream.
- Serves 12
- 2 oz. Grey Goose Cherry Noir
- .75 oz. Pomegranate Liquor
- 1.25 oz. Cranberry Juice
- .5 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- A few ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients – and your favorite memories of 2016 – in a cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass
- For extra holiday flair, garnish with a candy cane
- 2 OZ MARGARITAVILLE TEQUILA
- 1 OZ VITALITY MANGO PUREE
- 0.25OZ SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 OZ FROZEN LEMONADE MIX
- 0.50 OZ PINEAPPLE JUICE
- Add all ingredients in a shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake vigorously
- Pour everything into a 12 oz glass.
- Lime Wedge.
More cruise line recipes.
Photo credits & recipe credits Carnival Cruise line.