He popped the questioned and you said yes! – Now what? We all spend a moment in life daydreaming about the perfect wedding, one that is unique and stands out above the rest.
Congratulations on deciding to do your wedding at sea! Here are 5 steps to help you save money and plan for your special day!
- Get a travel agent who specializes in group travel and event coordinating.
- This part is very important! You want to make sure that everything goes as planned. You want an agent who is familiar with the ship coordinators and the venues on board the ship. The organization of the ceremony and the correct venue selected can make or break your wedding day experience.
- Invite family and friends to attend the ceremony and travel with you. An experienced agent will secure group space for you. Not only will your guests save money and have time to pay in installments, but all guests typically receive complimentary amenities such as a cocktail party or money to spend onboard. If you have 16 or more guests traveling in 8 cabins, you can also start earning free travel credit to cover your personal cabin. All this at no additional cost to you or your guests.
- For a small wedding consider purchasing a vow renewal package and getting your marriage license prior to sailing.
- Cruise lines offer a variety of wedding packages that range in price based on the amount of guest you have attending, how much you want the ship to provide or if you want the ceremony before sailing or while in international waters. For a small wedding at sea with 10-15 guests consider just the vow renewal package. *Does require that you have a marriage certificate prior to the ceremony.
- Shop for decorations online! Amazon has amazing options available. Purchased them and bring them on board.
- Consider subtle decorations like an aisle runner, rose petals, cake topper, bow ribbons for the chairs, or even a bubble machine! The deals and ideas are endless!
- Sign up for a wedding registry for your cruise. Guests can pay into the cruise line and the money can be used towards your cabin, shore excursions, an onboard photo session, beverage packages and more. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up an online registry. The registry can be set up so that funds are directly deposited into your bank account each time someone gives you a gift (service fees do apply.)